As a patient ambassador, you can represent others living with a condition, and share your experience of how a medical condition affects peoples' lives. Patients and carers are in the best position to suggest improvements and solutions to improve policies, healthcare decisions and the delivery of services.
There are many reasons why you may want to get involved in representation and become a patient ambassador. Here are a few:
- Drive and enthusiasm to raise awareness about a condition or issue
- Using a negative personal experience of healthcare to ensure more positive experiences for others in future
- Motivation to give something back to your community or a patient organisation you work with
- Drive to change the way people view a condition
- Motivation to make others aware of the challenges faced by carers